Monday, June 12, 2017

P-day 38: Day 272 - "Fight me Brazil!!!"

As usual, I'm behind. Here is Nathanael's letter from last week. He seems to be settling right in to missionary work. I can't believe he's been out for 9 months!! From this picture it looks like it was a rough football game. =)


Hello (again!)!

So it's been a pretty normal and pretty good week. I'm happy and a little stressed which is life as usual, so I'm feeling pretty dang good and on top of things. I loved your emails as always and just wanted to say thanks. Know that your emails are a huge comfort to me and I always love to read them. Dad CONGRATULATIONS on the journal invite!!!!! That's so dang rad and I hope everything goes great. I'm happy for you.

We knocked doors like crazy this week, we tried to contact people in the streets, and we did a ton of other stuff. And it was pretty good and pretty normal. I've been getting a little frustrated because a lot of the time people will say they'll do stuff and then they don't do it. This will probably make you guys laugh because it's life I guess but for me it's so new. Like, this week, I invited a girl to a branch activity. I said, "will you go tonight at 7 to the activity?" (Keeping in mind that she lives about 5 blocks from the church.) "Yes, I'll definitely go," she said. I said, "so you'll go for sure?" She said, "yes, I promise." My companion said, "a promise is a promise," and I said, "yeah, I'll be sad if you don't go! Are you sure you'll go?" She said, "I'll definitely go, I promise."

She didn't go!! Fight me Brazil!!! But anyway that's how it goes. What can you do right. I'm doing my part. We were planning on having 4 investigators in sacrament meeting and we got a text message (this never happens) saying that the family couldn't go. Darn. It's been a little like that this week. I'm not that worried though. My main concern is making sure that I'm using my time well, being a good example to my companion and following the Spirit. If I do that then eventually I'll get it right, right? Right!

Yesterday I felt really good in church. I had the thought basically that this might not be a huge time of success with baptisms for me right now but that I'm learning what the Lord wants me to learn and that it's all good. I really feel like, as always, everything's going to be just fine.

I'm really digging the brazilian hymns so here's the words from the hymn "Agora Nâo, mas Logo Mais" which the english hymnbook apparently doesn't have. Elder Soares quoted this in general conference in April. I find it really comforting because we don't always know why we pass through what we pass through, but Jesus does, and one day we'll understand what everything means.

If clouds instead of sun spread shadows o’er our heart,
If pain afflicts us, never mind; we will soon know who Thou art.
Jesus guides us with His hand, and He will tell us why;
If we listen to His voice, He will tell us by and by.
Confide in God unwaveringly, and let Him us sustain;
Sing His glory endlessly, for later He’ll explain.

Se nuvens em lugar de sol sombreiam nosso coração;
Se a dor vier nos afligir, depois veremos a razão.
Jesus, que sabe o porquê, com sua mão nos guiará;
Se escutarmos sua voz, mais tarde ele nos dirá.
Confiai em Deus, sem vacilar, e sua mão vos guiará;
Cantai-lhe glória sem cessar. Mais tarde ele vos dirá.


Love you guys! Have a great week!

Elder Sederholm

No comments:

Post a Comment