Monday, May 22, 2017

P-day 35: Day 251 - "God is watching out for me and putting people in my life who will help me."

I'm feeling grateful. Nathanael is having such a good experience and is able to influence others for good. I'm so proud of him. I'm grateful for his appreciation for Papa and Gale, and that he understands how blessed we are to have the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in our lives.

Enjoy his letter!


Hey!! So it's been a pretty dang great week! Pretty different as you guys can imagine but really good.

On Tuesday I said goodbye to Elder Guimarães and got a little teary eyed honestly. He taught me so much and we were like brothers at the end. He's doing good in his new area though. Tuesday I was super nervous. It was crazy. I felt like I did on my very first day in the field -- not knowing what to expect, excited, and super nervous haha. We went and picked up our companions and my new companion is Elder Hoch! He's from Rio Grande do Sul which is the most southern state in Brazil, he's 21 and is super excited. We don't have a lot of people to teach right now so we're in the process of trying to find people. We're talking to members and also knocking doors and just doing what we can. Yesterday it was raining like crazy and we visited a bunch of people who've already been taught and nobody let us in. But what can you do haha? It's all good. We try.

My comp is the best. I feel really lucky. He's a recent convert of 2 years and a few months, and he's cool. He likes to work, he talks to people a lot and he also does great stuff like cooking and cleaning (which is stuff I don't always do, haha, haha) so I'm grateful for that haha. 

Yesterday I talked in church. I hadn't had a single moment to prepare anything so I just grabbed a hymnbook (I forgot my scriptures and was on the stand already) and talked about missionary work. I felt like it went well. It was good for me too because I felt the spirit really strongly. I read the words to "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy". These are the words:

Brightly beams our Father's mercy
From his lighthouse evermore,
But to us he gives the keeping
Of the lights along the shore.
Let the lower lights be burning;
Send a gleam across the wave.
Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
You may rescue, you may save.

In the Portuguese version, the word "resgatado" which means "ransomed" is used, instead of the word "save" at the end. I got kinda emotional when I read that part. I talked about how I have been ransomed -- how because of my parents, leaders, and even people like the missionaries who baptized Papa and Gale, I was brought to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I talked about how I'm so grateful that I was ransomed, that we (in the church) have all been ransomed and I try to show my gratitude by sharing the gospel with others. And we all have that opportunity! So that was a really neat experience for me personally.

This week there were a couple of times when I was feeling really discouraged and had no idea at all what to do. It's a lot different being the leader of a companionship and it requires a lot of stuff. Those times I knelt down and said a prayer and God answered those prayers in really specific ways. Elder Hansen, our district leader now, has been giving me a lot of really good advice. He just finished training and he has been the answer to my prayers more than once. I've felt very grateful for him this week, and also grateful to know that God is watching out for me and putting people in my life who will help me. He never leaves me alone.

As far as training goes, I feel really confident in talking to people and teaching. The hardest part is knowing how to use my time in effective ways. But I'm learning and I have a while to get that down. For now all the Lord asks is that I try, which I find comforting.

Love you guys!! Talk to you soon!!

Elder Sederholm

No comments:

Post a Comment