Tuesday, April 11, 2017

P-day 29: Day 209 - "I can rejoice and let go of my worries..."

This week, more than ever, I think Nathanael has lost himself in the work. It's so good to get his letters and see how well he's doing. He seems to have a lot of energy and excitement for the work. It makes me happy!

Enjoy his letter!

Hey guys!!

It's been a good week for us. I hope your guys' week was good too. It's been a good and crazy week. We moved houses, which took forever but was a good thing. I wish I had some pictures -- I left my camera at home and it's a crazy day so I don't have time to grab it. Sorry about that, I'll be sure to bring it next week for sure. 

So, the news you've been waiting for (maybe): no one got transferred! The 4 of us stayed in Avaré. I'm totally fine with that and actually really excited. And Elder Baldwin (my district leader in the MTC) is coming to our zone, too, so I'm excited for that. 

I wish I had a lot of very interesting or spiritual experiences to share but this week has been pretty ordinary and crazy. During the week we had to move like I said and we also had to travel to Botucatu because my companion had to do a baptismal interview at the last second for the zone leaders. Tonight we're going to Botucatu again and we won't get back until Wednesday! Craziness! Seems like there's always something going on that gets in the way of our work. We try though. I am so dang happy that I'm staying with Elder Guimarães. I had a neat experience with him at the beginning of the transfer that I don't think I mentioned. The first day of the transfer, I remember that I looked at his face and had the feeling I had already known him for a really long time -- like he was familiar to me. It was spooky! I wonder sometimes if I already knew him a long time ago (you know?) and we're just now meeting again. Who knows, but the point is that he's an awesome companion and I'm happy. I feel like I'm on track as a missionary too which is great. I'm going at my own pace for sure but I feel like everything is right. In general I'm relaxed in that sense though I sometimes feel impatient with myself but it's all good. For example, I was feeling emotionally and spiritually drained yesterday and in church I wrote down the following impressions: that I can rejoice and let go of my worries, that I did a lot of good things during the week and can focus on that aspect of things (instead of where I fell short), and I also wrote that I was feeling a lot of peace. These are all good signs. In short, I just feel good and I'm happy.

The branch here is doing good. We had an attendance of 87 yesterday which is crazy high! That's the big miracle we've had this week. It was branch conference but even not counting the leadership we had there from the District, we had an attendance of 77. Haha! That's 16 better than our best. That's just what we need here and we're super pumped about that too. Here's to more miracles in the next 5 weeks (this transfer is only 5 weeks).

It'll be good to talk to you. Mother's Day is only 5 weeks away as well. Not that I'm counting but I'm excited haha. It seems like the time is passing so quickly. I try not to count and honestly I'm starting to forget. Life feels normal now. It doesn't feel like I'm "on a mission," it just feels like I'm living my life. I guess that means I'm pretty much adjusted. Coming home is probably going to be really rough, haha. At least I don't have to worry about that until next year!

Did you guys ever feel discouraged about a lack of progressing investigators on your missions? I feel good but we don't have any investigators who are progressing and I feel sad about that sometimes. I know I'm having a good mission experience but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever have very many chances to see the gospel change lives. I guess we'll see. Maybe I panic because the time is passing so fast but sometimes I think to myself, man, I only have a little more than a year left! Where are all the experiences I was hoping to have? But that's just how the Paçoca crumbles I guess. (That's a Brazil joke) It's all good. 

By the way, I think I might come back and live in Brazil after I go to college. We'll see. Life here is so happy! Just a thought though. Who knows how things will work out? Don't let me scare you guys haha.

I think that's about it for this week. Love you guys tons. Can't wait to talk to you soon!!

Elder Sederholm

No comments:

Post a Comment