Friday, April 7, 2017

P-day 28: Day 202 - "Sometimes someone says something that changes your life..."

They were able to baptize Fernanda, Flavia's daughter, this week!


Nathanael seems to be doing really well. He even said he's gained about 5 pounds back. I'm glad to hear he's eating better than he was. Thank you to the members for taking such good care of him and the other missionaries in the area!

A few pictures:




Enjoy his letter!

Hi guys!!

Hope you guys are doing good! This week was good for me. It was kinda crazy too -- we had interviews with President Bangerter, conference and so on. As a result we didn't have a lot of time for other stuff. However everything went well with the baptism so that was great! And the Lord is blessing our branch, because an investigator of the missionaries in Botucatu (a city nearby) who has a baptismal date marked for this Saturday is moving here this week. Lots of baptisms, haha. Hopefully everything goes well with that.

I really liked conference. My favorite session was Saturday morning. I've heard people talking before about how sometimes it seems like the speaker is talking right to you. Well on Sunday morning I had an experience like that -- during Elder Nelson's talk I felt like he was reaching out of the screen, grabbing my shoulders and screaming at me. In a positive way haha. He described a feeling I've had a lot on my mission in a way that even I haven't been able to articulate. I wish I had the talk with me (it hasn't been uploaded yet) but what I understood was that when we don't know what to do in a given situation but the Lord knows that our desire is to do good, He will give us the knowledge and power we need to do what's right. I found that to be so dang comforting. My crying frequency has diminished in the last few weeks but I literally cried for like 5 minutes after the talk ended. Stupid right? But I just had this moment when I wanted to shout, "I knew it! I knew the Lord's grace is sufficient for us when our hearts are in the right place, even when we don't know what to do and when we feel weak. I knew it!" I just needed to hear someone say it. Sometimes someone says something that changes your life and I already know that this is one of those times. So yeah, conference was good. I also had a strong feeling of peace. I feel like the Lord is proud of me and that I can be confident. I'm thankful for that.

I wish there was more I could think to tell you guys. The transfer is coming up next week. I think my companion's going to get transferred so we'll see. 

Sorry I don't always respond specifically to everything you guys say. I love reading your emails and just want to talk to you guys about every little detail but it just doesn't work like that I guess! Which is a bummer, but what can you do? :)

This morning we played football with Batman again. I can catch the ball sometimes and I scored a couple touchdowns which was cool. However I definitely don't live up to the American standard. Oh well, at least I'm good at math right?


Mom to answer your questions, my health and stuff is good. There's a member in the branch who sews and she's adjusting my bigger pairs of pants so that they're not super baggy, which is great. I think I'm at a pretty stable weight. I actually gained like 5 pounds in the last month or so. Overall I feel good. As far as a package goes, I'm always up for getting a package! I'll think of some stuff I need and let you guys know. It's mostly just little things I'm wanting honestly.

Mom I hope everything went well for you with conference. We only had a couple problems with streaming, which I think were internet related. I bragged a little bit. I also told a bunch of missionaries in the zone that when I was a little kid President Hinckley let me assign missionaries to missions and send out calls. Apparently a lot of them thought I was serious. Haha. I won't abuse my power too much of having the coolest family ever, just a little bit!

I think that's it. Love and miss you guys.

Elder Sederholm

No comments:

Post a Comment